Treasures Ministries is an outreach and support group to women in the sex industry.
Each year, the Treasures Team visits more than 170 strip clubs in the Los Angeles, Orange County and Las Vegas areas. During these outreaches, we give out gift bags filled with cosmetics, jewelry and the simple message that the women working in the clubs are loved and valued. Each woman who contacts Treasures receives a care package containing a Bible, a copy of our devotional, Treasures Reflections, and other materials to encourage her faith.
The Treasures Care Team provides peer mentoring, resources and referrals to churches and professional counseling/services for those who are interested. All gift bags, services, and support are provided to the women free of charge. Treasures operates as a volunteer driven, non-denominational, faith-based nonprofit organization funded completely by donations.
Harmony has a passion to expand the reach of the Treasures model of outreach and has provided training to strip club outreach leaders in 2 countries and more than 13 states in the US. She sees her passion to help other women as a natural outpouring of the freedom that she has experienced though her relationship with Jesus.
For more information, visit iamatreasure.com
- More women are employed by the sex industry than at any other time in history.
- Between 66-90% of women in the sex industry were sexually abused as children.
- Compared to the general population, women in the sex industry experience higher rates of Substance Abuse Issues, Rape and Violent Assault, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Domestic Violence, Depression, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- The women in this industry face a myriad of issues that impact their physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. They are a largely unreached population and many feel desperately isolated and alone. Even those who would contemplate going to church wonder if there truly is a place for them there. Will they find the restoration they are seeking in the house of God?
- Treasures is the first and only organization of its kind in the Los Angeles area.
How you can help…
- Join the Treasures Prayer Team (Worldwide)
- Make a one-time financial contribution
- Become a Treasure Builder through monthly financial partnership
- Volunteer on the Treasures Outreach Team (Los Angeles, CA area only – for the moment: we plan to expand!)
- Donate gifts in kind such as cosmetics and jewelry for our gift bags
- Invite Harmony to speak at your church or organization
For more information on these and other opportunities, please visit iamatreasure.com.
Donations can be made online or mailed to:
PO # 2013
North Hills, CA 91343